Full time – 38.5 hours a week (1 year time-limited contract)
Microbird is a small but ambitious indie studio, currently working on an action-RPG/social sim called Dungeons of Hinterberg, set in the Austrian Alps.
You are an inquisitive problem solver (and finder :)) and enjoy playing games as well as working on them. Ideally you count action games and RPGs among your favorite genres. You are a reliable team player with good interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality! You have either worked in a QA role before, or participated in a larger game production (professionally or e.g. a semester-long student project).
Your skills and responsibilities
• Playtesting the game
• Non-automated QA testing of gameplay and game features
• Writing and implementing test plans for various stages of game development, from mid-development through alpha, beta, release, and post-release
• Documentation of testing
• Organizing and running small playtests in-office
• Bug report management
• Knowledge of management software such as Jira
Additional skills that would be great to have
• Knowledge of platform certification standards
• Experience working and coordinating with external QA teams
Our office lies in the heart of Vienna’s beautiful 7th district and is easily accessible by multiple forms of public transport (train, tram, U-bahn, bus, WienMobil Rad). The working language at Microbird is English.
We offer flexible office hours (core hours are 10:00-16:00), as well as the possibility to do two days a week from home office (if desired).
Austrian employment law requires us to state the legal minimum wage for a position like this. This would be 31,122€/year (based on category “AT” of the Austrian “IT-Kollektivvertrag”). Your actual salary will depend on your experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Send us an e-mail with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!